This is one of the first projects I did when I got home from the class. This was originally supposed to be the front of the piece; but while painting it, I just happened to turn it over.
The fabric I used for this piece was hand dyed but I didn't think it was anything special. Now I do
Close ups of the piece
This weekend I decided to do some small samples
And one large sample. Had some difficulty photographing this sample. I used Xpandaprint on the surface plus paint and glitter and decorative thread. Tried with my photography lights, without lights and outside on a sunny day but still could not capture the real beauty of the piece.
Finally, this is a project in progress - still have a lot more strips to sew. I think I might eventually put this on another fabric and then add lace and fiber and cords and just embellish it to the max.
That is how I spent some of my holiday - I also read Dan Brown's Angel & Demons (the library copy is paperback and is very worn and tattered). I played with the kitties, slept, worked on a few other small projects to get them moving forward. All in all a great weekend. And I have a three day weekend coming up so will hopefully have lots more to show you then. Happy Giraffe, Belinda